Rules and Regulations
What You Need To Know
- Reservations are accepted up to 12 months in advance of your arrival date.
- The Sandbanks River Country Campground internet reservation service is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- The Sandbanks River Country Campground can be contacted at 1-613-393-5645 during normal business hours, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, year-round (excluding holidays).
- You can use the internet reservation service or you can contact us by phone or email to book campsite reservations.
- The information collected in your User Profile is confidential and will not be disclosed to outside parties.
- Reservations can only be made by a person over the age of 18 with a valid credit card.
- There is a 50 percent deposit required for each internet or phone reservation payable at the time your reservation is confirmed.
- Reservations can only be changed or cancelled up to 15 days prior to your arrival without penalty, cancellations after that date will result in forfeiture of the initial deposit. Refunds will be issued for all cancellations up to 15 days prior to your arrival.
- All campsites include two adults and family members under 18. Additional passes must be purchased for reservations exceeding this.
- No more than four people can occupy a campsite unless these people comprise a single family of parents and their children. Tent Sites are further limited to two people and their children.
- One vehicle is included in your campsite permit. One additional vehicle permit can be purchased at the time of registration. This additional vehicle may have to be parked in a separate designated parking area from your campsite. The number of vehicles permitted on a campsite varies from site to site – please contact the campground directly for more information.
- A confirmation email will be sent for all internet and telephone reservations.
- Multiple reservations in the same name for the same time period are allowed, but the person making the reservation will be financially responsible for each site.
- The name on the reservation cannot be changed from one person to another.
- To cancel a reservation, call 1-613-393-5645, or email us at email@example.com, changes can only be made by calling.
- All reservations must be checked in before before 10:00 pm (EST) on the day of arrival, unless notified of late check in. Failure to check-in on time or notify us of a late arrival will result in the reservation being cancelled and forfeiture of the reservation deposit.
Check-in & Check-out
- All campsites have a check-in time of 1 pm (1300 hrs).
- The person named on the reservation must be the person who checks-in the reservation.
- All reservations must be checked in before 10:00 pm (EST) on the day of arrival, unless notified of late check in. Failure to check-in on time or notify us of a late arrival will result in the reservation being cancelled and forfeiture of the reservation deposit.
- A valid credit card is required for all stays.
- A $100 pre authorization will be placed on the card to cover campsite service charges.
- All campsites must be checked out by 11:00 am. All late check-outs will result in an additional charge of one day rental at the prevailing rate.
- Campsite rental location is subject to availability at time of check-in. While we make every effort to ensure you are placed on the site number reserved, a reservation of a specific site number is not guaranteed. We reserve the right to place you on any campsite.
Fees and Payment
- Internet reservations can be paid by Visa or MasterCard only. Telephone reservations can be paid by Visa, MasterCard or Interac E-Transfers.
- All reservations must be paid in full at check-in.
- A $100 pre authorization will be placed on your credit card to cover campsite service charges.
- The registered campsite guest shall be responsible for damages to their campsite property and any damages they or their guest(s) cause to the campsite grounds.
- A reasonable quantity of alcohol is permitted in Sandbanks River Country Campground, as a family campground we prohibit loud parties.
- All alcohol must be consumed on your campsite, you are prohibited from roaming the campground with open alcohol.
- As a family campground intoxicated guests will not be permitted entry.
- Non-aggressive dogs and cats are permitted in the Sandbanks River Country Campground to a maximum of two pets. Dogs must be kept on a leash no longer than 6’ at all times. Campers are required to clean up after their pets. Pets that generate excessive noise will not be tolerated.
- The campground observes quiet time between the hours of 11:00 pm and 8:00 am. During this time loud noise will not be tolerated.
- To prevent the spread of invasive species no outside firewood will be permitted in the campground.
- All campfires and barbeques must be monitored at all times and properly extinguished before leaving the campsite or returning to your trailer or tent.
- All campfires shall be kept below the the rim of the firepit after 11 PM, and shall only be allowed when not subject to a local fire ban.
- All campsites shall be limited to one camping unit and one dining tent.
- Children must be supervised at all time near the waterfront and on campsite playgrounds.
- To keep our park green, all campers are prohibited from cutting trees or bushes.
- All campers must obey posted signs.
- All watercrafts must be registered at time of check-in and be insured and covered for one million dollars in public liability while on Sandbanks River Country Campground property.
- All trailers and vehicles must be insured and covered for one million dollars in public liability while on Sandbanks River Country Campground property.
- Aggressive behaviour towards any staff member or guest will result in the immediate expulsion of the campers and forfeiture of all fees paid.
- Any unruly behaviour or violation of Sandbanks River Country Campground rules will result in the expulsion of the campers and forfeiture of all fees paid.
System Configuration, Privacy and Security Information
Statement of Privacy
The personal information collected by Sandbanks River Country Campground will be used for the purposes of reservations, park administration, management and park enforcement. Sandbanks River Country Campground does not collect personally identifiable information about individuals except when individuals specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis. For example, personal information may be gathered in connection with the campsite reservation process. Personally identifiable information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties.
Privacy and Security
When you make a campsite reservation with Sandbanks River Country Campground you entrust us with your personal and financial information. Sandbanks River Country Campground has taken every precaution to safeguard your personal information and ensure that it is used appropriately.
Credit Card Transaction Security has been implemented to ensure the safety of your reservation, personal, and credit card information. This has been done through the use of certificates, multiple methods and levels of data encryption such as Secure Socket Layers (amongst others), as well as other techniques.
Sandbanks River Country Campground uses certificates on its website to increase security and to demonstrate that your reservation transaction is safe. Certificates are digital documents that authenticate individuals or organizations. Certificates are typically used to generate confidence in the legitimacy of a certificate holder. They allow verification that we are who we say we are (Sandbanks River Country Campground and our service provider Godaddy Inc.). Certificates are digital signatures that protect public keys (our unique identifier) from forgery, false representation, or alteration. Certificates are issued by a certifying authority (CA) willing to vouch for the identities of those to whom it issues certificates.
Secure and Encrypted Communications
Secure Socket Layers are a method encrypting and decrypting your data transmissions over the internet to our site. It ensures that no unauthorized parties can “steal” or “see” your data as it makes its way to our site. This is done by jumbling the data into unrecognizable bits that only Sandbanks River Country Campground can unjumble on its site based on a secure “digital key”.