Click here to download a larger map (PDF).
Rules and Regulations
What you need to know:
- Reservations are accepted up to 12 months in advance of
your arrival date.
- The Sandbanks River Country Campground internet
reservation service is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- The Sandbanks River Country Campground can be contacted
at (613) 393-5645 during normal
business hours, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, year-round
- You can use the internet reservation service or you can
contact us by phone or email to book campsite reservations.
- The information collected in your User Profile is
confidential and will not be disclosed to outside parties.
- Reservations can only be made by a person over the age
of 18 with a valid credit card.
- There is a 50 percent deposit required for each internet
or phone reservation payable at the time your reservation is
- Reservations can only be changed or cancelled up
to 15 days prior to your arrival without penalty,
cancellations after that date will result in forfeiture of
the initial deposit. Refunds will be issued for all
cancellations up to 15 days prior to your arrival.
- All campsites include two adults and family members
under 18. Additional passes must be purchased for
reservations exceeding this.
- No more than four people can occupy a campsite unless
these people comprise a single family of parents and their
children. Tent Sites are further limited to two people and
- One vehicle is included in your campsite permit. One
additional vehicle permit can be purchased at the time of
registration. This additional vehicle may have to be parked
in a separate designated parking area from your campsite.
The number of vehicles permitted on a campsite varies from
site to site – please contact the campground directly for
- A confirmation email will be sent for all internet and
- Multiple reservations in the same name for the same time
period are allowed, but the person making the reservation
will be financially responsible for each site.
- The name on the reservation cannot be changed from one
person to another.
Check-in & Check-out:
- All campsites have a check-in time of 1 pm (1300 hrs).
- The person named on the reservation must be the person
who checks-in the reservation.
- All reservations must be checked in before 10:00 pm
(EST) on the day of arrival, unless notified of late check
in. Failure to check-in on time or notify us of a late
arrival will result in the reservation being cancelled and
forfeiture of the reservation deposit.
- A valid credit card is required for all stays.
- A $100 pre authorization will be placed on the card to
cover campsite service charges.
- All campsites must be checked out by 11:00 am. All late
check-outs will result in an additional charge of one day
rental at the prevailing rate.
- Campsite rental location is subject to availability at
time of check-in. While we make every effort to ensure you
are placed on the site number reserved, a reservation of a
specific site number is not guaranteed. We reserve the right
to place you on any campsite.
Fees and Payment:
- Internet reservations can be paid by Visa or MasterCard
only. Telephone reservations can be paid by Visa, MasterCard
or Interac E-Transfers.
- All reservations must be paid in full at check-in.
- A $100 pre authorization will be placed on your credit
card to cover campsite service charges.
- The registered campsite guest shall be responsible for
damages to their campsite property and any damages they or
their guest(s) cause to the campsite grounds.
- A reasonable quantity of alcohol is permitted in
Sandbanks River Country Campground, as a family campground
we prohibit loud parties.
- All alcohol must be consumed on your campsite, you are
prohibited from roaming the campground with open alcohol.
- As a family campground intoxicated guests will not be
- Non-aggressive dogs and cats are permitted in the
Sandbanks River Country Campground to a maximum of two pets.
Dogs must be kept on a leash no longer than 6' at all
times. Campers are required to clean up after their pets.
Pets that generate excessive noise will not be tolerated.
- The campground observes quiet time between the hours of
11:00 pm and 8:00 am. During this time loud noise will not
- To prevent the spread of invasive species no outside
firewood will be permitted in the campground.
- All campfires and barbeques must be monitored at all
times and properly extinguished before leaving the campsite
or returning to your trailer or tent.
- All campfires shall be kept below the the rim of the
firepit after 11 PM, and shall only be allowed when not
subject to a local fire ban.
- All campsites shall be limited to one camping unit and
one dining tent.
- Children must be supervised at all time near the
waterfront and on campsite playgrounds.
- To keep our park green, all campers are prohibited from
cutting trees or bushes.
- All campers must obey posted signs.
- All watercrafts must be registered at time of check-in
and be insured and covered for one million dollars in public
liability while on Sandbanks River Country Campground
- All trailers and vehicles must be insured and covered
for one million dollars in public liability while on
Sandbanks River Country Campground property.
- Aggressive behaviour towards any staff member or guest
will result in the immediate expulsion of the campers and
forfeiture of all fees paid.
- Any unruly behaviour or violation of Sandbanks River
Country Campground rules will result in the expulsion of the
campers and forfeiture of all fees paid.
System Configuration, Privacy and Security Information:
Statement of Privacy
The personal information collected by Sandbanks River
Country Campground will be used for the purposes of
reservations, park administration, management and park
enforcement. Sandbanks River Country Campground does not
collect personally identifiable information about
individuals except when individuals specifically provide
such information on a voluntary basis. For example, personal
information may be gathered in connection with the campsite
reservation process. Personally identifiable information
will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated
Users should be aware that non-personal data may be
automatically collected through the use of “cookies”.
“Cookies” are small text files that are used to
recognize the user’s ongoing access to the site. Cookies
do not have the ability to attach to a user’s system and
damage files. If a user does not want information collected
most browsers that allows the user to deny or accept the
cookie feature. However, if your browser is not set to
accept cookies you will be unable to access the online
Privacy and Security
When you make a campsite reservation with Sandbanks River
Country Campground you entrust us with your personal and
financial information. Sandbanks River Country Campground
has taken every precaution to safeguard your personal
information and ensure that it is used appropriately.
Credit Card Transaction Security has been implemented to
ensure the safety of your reservation, personal, and credit
card information. This has been done through the use of
certificates, multiple methods and levels of data encryption
such as Secure Socket Layers (amongst others), as well as
Sandbanks River Country Campground uses certificates on its
website to increase security and to demonstrate that your
reservation transaction is safe. Certificates are digital
documents that authenticate individuals or organizations.
Certificates are typically used to generate confidence in
the legitimacy of a certificate holder. They allow
verification that we are who we say we are (Sandbanks River
Country Campground and our service provider). Certificates
are digital signatures that protect public keys (our unique
identifier) from forgery, false representation, or
alteration. Certificates are issued by a certifying
authority (CA) willing to vouch for the identities of those
to whom it issues certificates.
Secure and Encrypted Communications
Secure Socket Layers are a method encrypting and decrypting
your data transmissions over the internet to our site. It
ensures that no unauthorized parties can “steal” or
“see” your data as it makes its way to our site. This is
done by jumbling the data into unrecognizable bits that only
Sandbanks River Country Campground can unjumble on its site
based on a secure “digital key”.